Whiskey Rebellion 007: Trump’s Address to Congress, America’s Greatest Problem, and Trump vs. Jackson
Mar 5th, 2017
This week's topics:
1. Trump's Address to Congress: Did he "pivot"? How was this address different from other presidential speeches to Congress?
2. A recent New York Times article examines how Americans have responded to the Gallup poll question: "What do you think is the most important problem facing the country?" Frank and David discuss what this data reveals and what it obscures.
3. Is Donald Trump Andrew Jackson? In a recent article in The American Historian, Mark Cheatham argues that this frequently made comparsion doesn't have a lot of value.
- David's new book Driven from Home: North Carolina's Civil War Refugee Crisis won the North Caroliniana Society's award for the best non-fiction published in 2016. He is the first person to win this award twice (his first book, Moments of Despair: Suicide, Divorce, and Debt in Civil War Era North Carolina, won for 2011.)
- Steven Spielberg's film Lincoln, which Frank re-watched on the plane
Follow us on twitter @whiskeyrebpod